Solid boards – a family of boards with different standard interface extensions
What is Solid board?
- FPGA based board
- 100/1000 Mb/s real time Ethernet connection
- standard interface extension
Solid board has a fixed preconfigured FPGA internal structure, optimized for the particular interface.
- No need for low level interface programming. Interfacing the devices can be achieved simply by interfacing the appropriate hardware block,
- Higher performance through hardware acceleration,
- Faster clock rate and application speed due to CPU offloading.
How to program and debug
System can be configured over Ethernet connection (no additional cable is required).
Realtime Ethernet – Time Sensitive Network (TSN)
- time synchronization
- trigger synchronization
- traffic shaping to deliver data without interference
- latency bounding for time critical applications